Tuesday, November 11, 2008

 

Singapore Rocks

My first day of work Monday went well.

"Well" means "I got off the bus at the correct stop."

The commute takes about 1h 15m.

I need to start downloading podcasts of NPR and take the iPod with me.

Tonight I changed Blogger's language setting to English(Singapore).

I'm not even sure yet exactly what English(Singapore) is.

But I so wanna be ah beng because it's a cute look regardless of what Janvier said lah.

I have been tapped as an "expert" for a panel discussion Friday on the US election, as the only US rep.

The media have been invited.

I finally got a computer in my office today.

I ate prawn rolls on the street tonight.

Before tonight I didn't even know what prawn rolls were.

The guy cooking them was cute.

I spent an hour before that talking American politics and religion with the managers of the neighborhood community club.

The community club does not have a gym, but they do have ballroom dance classes.

They also have managers who can carry on a good conversation about American politics and religion.

I am winning hearts and minds.

I don't know where the hell these people train for marathons.

I am the only white person on my train during my commute.

Maybe this is what it feels like to be Chinese in North Carolina.

Friday morning I start teaching.

Labels:


Comments:
oh~ good to know things are going well and you are adapting to Singapore~ :)
 
Nooo...you don't get them bengs like in Sg Wang/Berjaya Times Square. Have fun in Sporeland!
 
ff: thanks, I am feeling more adaptable than I ever have in a new situation. Hey, gonna see u here in a couple weeks?

j: I've seen those BTS bengs and they too sombang, need me to teach them thing or two lah.
 
I am a Singaporean, but am now in the US...I don't see why you would need 1hr15min to get around in Singapore.

Hope u will figure out a better route the next time!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?