Tuesday, December 02, 2008
A Note About Gymming
I've been going to the gym now for 3 weeks and am really enjoying it. I got lucky and found a very good trainer who is patient with me as I learn how to use the equipment and who is working with me to identify my weaknesses so we can focus on those. I admit, he pushes me harder than I push myself, or maybe I just don't want to look weak in front of him...I know I work harder in our training sessions than I do in my visits there on my own.
We have run through different routines each time, focusing on abs, chest, arms, and shoulders/back. On my own I've been doing legs. I'm not trying to be a huge muscle boy, simply increase my strength and have a little definition (that's not too much to ask, is it?). This is the first time I've ever worked with a trainer and it's money well spent, since I will leave here more knowledgeable, and more confident, in my ability to work out, so I'll be likely to continue when I get home.
He's also getting me started on supplements, as is my friend Jasen. I will be biologically in tune with the universe, or something.
A couple folks here have said "oh, you picked an inconvenient place," "there are others that are nicer,' "you shouldn't spend so much money"...you know, besides the fact they haven't asked what my goals are or what's important to me, I'm also curious why these folks feel compelled to offer advice even when the situation isn't going to change (I have my membership, the sessions are paid for).
I'm still running as well. It's not as convenient as it is at home but I've come to realize that I'm a little spoiled with my running situation back home.
We have run through different routines each time, focusing on abs, chest, arms, and shoulders/back. On my own I've been doing legs. I'm not trying to be a huge muscle boy, simply increase my strength and have a little definition (that's not too much to ask, is it?). This is the first time I've ever worked with a trainer and it's money well spent, since I will leave here more knowledgeable, and more confident, in my ability to work out, so I'll be likely to continue when I get home.
He's also getting me started on supplements, as is my friend Jasen. I will be biologically in tune with the universe, or something.
A couple folks here have said "oh, you picked an inconvenient place," "there are others that are nicer,' "you shouldn't spend so much money"...you know, besides the fact they haven't asked what my goals are or what's important to me, I'm also curious why these folks feel compelled to offer advice even when the situation isn't going to change (I have my membership, the sessions are paid for).
I'm still running as well. It's not as convenient as it is at home but I've come to realize that I'm a little spoiled with my running situation back home.
Labels: Health, Living in SG, Running