Thursday, June 11, 2009
Oh Thank Goodness
My air conditioning has been out for, oh, about a month. The agreement was that Adrian would make the arrangements for it and I would pay for it. He got it checked out last month but then suggested we get his brother-in-law, who does this stuff for a living, to come help us fix it for now rather than getting the whole thing replaced, which the original company wanted to charge us $6600 for. But it's the busy season for his brother-in-law, because it's summer in DC and nasty hot, so he wasn't able to get to us until tonight.
But the temperature is coming down and we can close the windows again, and maybe get a good night's sleep. We still have to get the thing permanently fixed, if not totally replaced, At least it's cooler for now.
I needed this too, because I picked up a bad cough at my folks' house this weekend, possibly just due to bad allergies, and keeping the windows open here didn't help. I stayed home from work most of Monday, and Stan, bless his heart, told me to come over to his place that afternoon to get a decent sleep.
Feeling poopy like this has kept me from running, and out of the gym, for a week. I feel myself getting fat and icky.
Grrrrrrrrrrr
In other news, I just learned that the new season of Real World is filming here in DC. I am so going by there, so watch for me next time.
But the temperature is coming down and we can close the windows again, and maybe get a good night's sleep. We still have to get the thing permanently fixed, if not totally replaced, At least it's cooler for now.
I needed this too, because I picked up a bad cough at my folks' house this weekend, possibly just due to bad allergies, and keeping the windows open here didn't help. I stayed home from work most of Monday, and Stan, bless his heart, told me to come over to his place that afternoon to get a decent sleep.
Feeling poopy like this has kept me from running, and out of the gym, for a week. I feel myself getting fat and icky.
Grrrrrrrrrrr
In other news, I just learned that the new season of Real World is filming here in DC. I am so going by there, so watch for me next time.