Thursday, October 15, 2009

 

5 Miles in the Rain

Today was a great day for a run.

Rain, about 48 degrees F, and a light wind.

How could that POSSIBLY be great? Well, it's good practice. What if I wake up on marathon morning and it's raining? I'm still going to run, right? But I'll need to do some things differently, and that's what today was about.

I'll have to consciously adjust my speed. I found I ran slower today, partly because the cold kept my muscles from getting loose and limited the blood flow. I'll have to concentrate on taking longer strides.

I need to watch my step. Things as simple as fallen leaves and metal grates become very slippery when wet, and I don't need to slide on my ass, especially when running downhill. So, watch for these extra hazards.

Most likely, I should wear contact lenses. Glasses get water on them, and it's tough to see. And it's not like I'll have a dry shirt to wipe them off.

And I should wear a hat, which I did today. Hair still looked good at the end. That's what it's all about, being photogenic after the race.

I hope it doesn't rain that day, but if it does...I'm ready!!!

Labels:


Comments:
what is your bib number so I can watch the little red dot move across my screen?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?