Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Getting Into the Proper Zen-like State of Mind, Day 3
Today was the last run.
I only did 3 miles this afternoon, basically getting out just to stay loose. It was a great day to run, about 62 degrees, clear sky, really nice. I'm not running any more because I am saving strength from here on out, and also would hate to twist an ankle or something when I don't need to be out there.
My training was kind of screwed up in August and September because of some traveling I did for a few weeks, and I've been a little concerned that my "tapering off" happened too soon. Normally I would have done my last long run in mid-September. But with the travel, and the Army 10-Miler almost immediately after getting back, I had to do my last big run back at the end of August. This could be an issue, but I'm doing my best not to let it be.
I've noticed, ever since the 10-Miler, that I've got some pain in my calves when I start running and my legs feel a little dead. They usually loosen up after about 4 miles, so I'm not anticipating any trouble. I took some time off from running since then, and shortened a couple of the runs I did do. I don't expect that to be a factor. Basically, I'm in much better shape overall than I was a year ago, so I'm hoping that will compensate for my disrupted running schedule. Guess we'll find out Sunday.
It's all about being positive. And taking ibuprofen.
I only did 3 miles this afternoon, basically getting out just to stay loose. It was a great day to run, about 62 degrees, clear sky, really nice. I'm not running any more because I am saving strength from here on out, and also would hate to twist an ankle or something when I don't need to be out there.
My training was kind of screwed up in August and September because of some traveling I did for a few weeks, and I've been a little concerned that my "tapering off" happened too soon. Normally I would have done my last long run in mid-September. But with the travel, and the Army 10-Miler almost immediately after getting back, I had to do my last big run back at the end of August. This could be an issue, but I'm doing my best not to let it be.
I've noticed, ever since the 10-Miler, that I've got some pain in my calves when I start running and my legs feel a little dead. They usually loosen up after about 4 miles, so I'm not anticipating any trouble. I took some time off from running since then, and shortened a couple of the runs I did do. I don't expect that to be a factor. Basically, I'm in much better shape overall than I was a year ago, so I'm hoping that will compensate for my disrupted running schedule. Guess we'll find out Sunday.
It's all about being positive. And taking ibuprofen.
Labels: Running
