Thursday, October 16, 2008
Happy Birthday Stan!!
Today Stan turned...well, I won't say how old he turned, as it's up to him to reveal that if he wants. Let's just say he's not in his early 20s anymore (according to his definition).
The day started off with him getting some random birthday e-mails, some from people he knows, some from people he doesn't. I'd sent a quick note out to friends last night asking them to flood his mailbox as a surprise, and sure enough, they did. I have the best friends. Anyway, he got a big kick out of that, so thanks to all who did it.
Tonight we went to a French restaurant downtown that I've enjoyed in the past. Stan's never had French food so I wanted to surprise him with something new that I was pretty sure he'd like. We both had great appetizers (me: escargot, Stan: pork and garlic sausages), then Stan had a chicken dish in a pastry and I had ostrich (DanielHenry and Froggy, don't hare me, these were mean ostriches I'm sure, not the kind you ride in a park). We finished with some nice desserts and the waiter picked up on a "birthday boy" remark from me and ensured Stan had a candle in his peace melba. Awwwwww.
Naturally I forgot to take photos of any of this. Though we took a photo outside the restaurant.
Afterwards we headed back to his apartment for presents. I got a little help from Stan's friend Grover in delivering his gift.
Last night I went out with my friend Kim for his birthday. Kim and I modeled together for a photo shoot in January and became friends after that, though we don't see each other nearly enough. We were both gone at different times during the summer, and now it turns out he's moving away while I'm in Asia. Alas. But we had a nice night Wednesday. I convinced him to venture out to Virginia and we went to a nice restaurant, then out for drinks later. A very relaxing night was had by all and i think he had fun. I know i did.
Weird story: I was telling Stan about dinner and what I had and he said "yeah, you ordered that the last time." "Last time?" When had Stan and i been there? It turns out we went there for lunch after my colonoscopy. Wow. They must have given me some very good sedatives that day because I totally do not remember going to lunch there. As Stan told me more details I started getting some hazy memories, but really...wow.
Friday night we're celebrating Danny's birthday with hot pot. Yay for hot pot!!

The day started off with him getting some random birthday e-mails, some from people he knows, some from people he doesn't. I'd sent a quick note out to friends last night asking them to flood his mailbox as a surprise, and sure enough, they did. I have the best friends. Anyway, he got a big kick out of that, so thanks to all who did it.
Tonight we went to a French restaurant downtown that I've enjoyed in the past. Stan's never had French food so I wanted to surprise him with something new that I was pretty sure he'd like. We both had great appetizers (me: escargot, Stan: pork and garlic sausages), then Stan had a chicken dish in a pastry and I had ostrich (DanielHenry and Froggy, don't hare me, these were mean ostriches I'm sure, not the kind you ride in a park). We finished with some nice desserts and the waiter picked up on a "birthday boy" remark from me and ensured Stan had a candle in his peace melba. Awwwwww.
Naturally I forgot to take photos of any of this. Though we took a photo outside the restaurant.Afterwards we headed back to his apartment for presents. I got a little help from Stan's friend Grover in delivering his gift.

Last night I went out with my friend Kim for his birthday. Kim and I modeled together for a photo shoot in January and became friends after that, though we don't see each other nearly enough. We were both gone at different times during the summer, and now it turns out he's moving away while I'm in Asia. Alas. But we had a nice night Wednesday. I convinced him to venture out to Virginia and we went to a nice restaurant, then out for drinks later. A very relaxing night was had by all and i think he had fun. I know i did.
Weird story: I was telling Stan about dinner and what I had and he said "yeah, you ordered that the last time." "Last time?" When had Stan and i been there? It turns out we went there for lunch after my colonoscopy. Wow. They must have given me some very good sedatives that day because I totally do not remember going to lunch there. As Stan told me more details I started getting some hazy memories, but really...wow.
Friday night we're celebrating Danny's birthday with hot pot. Yay for hot pot!!
Labels: Friends