Friday, October 24, 2008

 

Mental Prep

Tonight I went with friends to pick up my runner's packet for the Marathon. That was pretty exciting...I guess it's really going to happen in about 28 hours. And it turns out the weather is supposed to be beautiful, which is a lot better than the rain being predicted 10 days ago.

If it seems like I'm making a big deal out of this race, it's because I am. Not just because it's my first marathon, but because it was a year ago that I said "I'm going to do this," and now here we are. In January my aerobic workout still consisted of 30 minutes on the elliptical machine, and now here we are. By April the farthest I'd run was 10 miles, and now here we are. In July I started running again after missing more than 2 months due to an injury and travel, and now...here we are.

I've been lucky to have the support of friends here, especially Ethan, Vu, and Stan. But there's a part of me that's feeling some personal satisfaction as well.

Naturally, I'll be feeling a lot more of that satisfaction in about 37 hours, when hopefully I'll have crossed the finish line.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?