Sunday, November 09, 2008

 

Weekend Update

Well, I'm here. Now what?

I got in late Thursday night and hit the hotel about 1am. Thank goodness for late checkout because this boy was going nowhere before noon.

Got to my apartment about 3pm. It is a cute little place and in a GREAT location. 5-minute walk to the subway and also 5 minutes to the bars. Scarily convenient, though I will say that I was a pretty good boy this weekend as far as mixing bar-hoping and jet lag.

Actually, jet lag has been the story of this weekend. Friday evening I met up with my friend Luke who showed me around a bit then took me to dinner. (in the "small world" category, I got an e-mail from a Fridae friend that said "nice to finally see you in person" -- he'd seen me and Luke while we were out) I was headed home by 10:30 but wasn't tired, so once I realized my friend Allan was going out primarily to see me, I figured I should go out too. I thought I'd only go out for one drink, but I got to the club at midnight and was there until 3, so I had more than one drink.

Naturally, sleep didn't really kick in until about 7am, and instead of getting up and getting stuff done I climbed out of bed at noon, ate a little something, then promptly went back to bed. It was 2:30 before i woke again and I said "screw it," and went back to bed, just making sure I got up in time to meet Clev for dinner (Clev is one of the guys who checked out apartments for me and helped me find this one - even though we'd never met before. What a great guy!). He showed me an area near City Hall that I hadn't visited before and we grabbed dinner there. By 10:30 he was telling me "you look tired," which is never a good sign. This time, though, I said "not tonight" when the Bad Idea Bears came a'calling, and crashed by midnight with the help of a sleeping pill. I still woke up every hour (due in part to a fabulous thunderstorm) but got some pretty good sleep and only got up about an hour later than expected.

I managed to run my errands today and get stuff ready for work tomorrow, with one exception: I went to inquire about membership at a nearby gym and they said they only have 12-, 24-, and 36-month memberships. Nothing for 4 months. So, instead of getting my money for 4 months, they get nothing. Why they prefer that is a mystery to me.

It'll be a while before I get into my habits so for now I'm taking everything slow. I'm curious to see how the commute goes (it looks like an hour each way) and what the working situation is like at school. I also want to check out the gym there to see if that might be preferable to going to a gym in town. But I will be going to a gym somewhere!

For now, though, I'm off to bed.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I am so glad that you have arrived safely and on a good way to get your life settled there. Way to go Will! Enjoy yourself!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?