Monday, May 11, 2009
Quiet Weekend
I need to sleep more during the week so I'm not tired on the weekends.
Stan and I started the weekend on Thursday with the premiere of Star Trek in an IMAX theater. It was Stan's first exposure to Star Trek and he enjoyed it. I, of course, was hard the entire time, because I am a Star Trek geek from waaaaayyyyyyy back. I'd warned him that there would be times where people would cheer and clap and he wouldn't understand why, but he should take notes and I'd catch him up later. And that worked out just fine.
Stan decided he liked Kirk more than Spock, so he got Trekified as Kirk.
Anyway, the movie was great, so of course I saw it again Sunday night with my friend Kim. Once I knew what the ending was I wanted to go back and find all the foreshadowing. And Kim is moving at the end of the month so it was a good excuse to do something with him.
Sunday was our last dragon boat practice before next week's festival. We're even better this year than last, I think.

Missing a few people but still looking strong

Not our best synchronization, but it was the end of practice and we were tired
But other than that, and going to the grocery store twice so we could find the cute Hispanic guy that Stan spotted working there last week, it was pretty quiet.
Stan and I started the weekend on Thursday with the premiere of Star Trek in an IMAX theater. It was Stan's first exposure to Star Trek and he enjoyed it. I, of course, was hard the entire time, because I am a Star Trek geek from waaaaayyyyyyy back. I'd warned him that there would be times where people would cheer and clap and he wouldn't understand why, but he should take notes and I'd catch him up later. And that worked out just fine.
Stan decided he liked Kirk more than Spock, so he got Trekified as Kirk.
Anyway, the movie was great, so of course I saw it again Sunday night with my friend Kim. Once I knew what the ending was I wanted to go back and find all the foreshadowing. And Kim is moving at the end of the month so it was a good excuse to do something with him.
Sunday was our last dragon boat practice before next week's festival. We're even better this year than last, I think.


But other than that, and going to the grocery store twice so we could find the cute Hispanic guy that Stan spotted working there last week, it was pretty quiet.