Thursday, October 22, 2009

 

Getting Into the Proper Zen-like State of Mind, Day 5

Today the Zen-like state was facilitated by getting out of the office.

I went to a seminar at a local university, had a nice lunch with Linh outside his office building, and went for a second interview for a teaching post I'm hoping to get next year. Even though you'd think interviews would be stressful, I found that just being away from my office made me much calmer. Last night I was pretty upset about some stuff going on there, but I let it all go today. I despise my job and have very little respect for most of the people there, so any day away from there is a good day.

If I thought I could get away with taking the whole day off Friday, I'd do that too.

I really want to run. I feel fat when I don't run. Though honestly, anything that builds up during these days of rest is totally going to get used up Sunday.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Is that like a bad addiction? All that running?
 
I feel fat all the time. :P
 
L: I prefer to think of it as a good addiction :-)

W: you have never been fat in your life
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?