Friday, October 09, 2009
I Don't Know What to Do With This
It's been almost 2 months since I last wrote. In that time I've:
- helped Stan move to Denver and saw a wonderful romantic relationship change forms
- visited Vancouver for the first time
- spent two days with my gay uncle
- been knocked on my ass (and into a Canadian emergency room) by a kidney stone
- gone to the US Open in New York with my friend Kevin
- seen Scooter and Paulo for the first time in forever
- interviewed for my next assignment
- visited friends in Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong over a 20-day period
- gone to Indonesia for the first time, when Ed and I visited Bintan
- finally met Ben, with whom I'd talked in Singapore but never met
- done a photo shoot with Linh for next year's calendar
- set a new personal record for the 10-mile distance in the Army 10-Miler (80m, 36s)
- tried to figure out how to spend my weekends now that my boyfriend's moved away
- attended the Asian-Pacific American film festival
- started playing Scrabble on my iPhone with Danny
Some of these are more important than others, but the common factor is: I haven't blogged about any of them.
I'm not sure why not. Does Facebook allow me to post enough snippets that I don't feel the need for a blog? Is my professional blog taking away from the time I'd spend on my personal one? Do I feel like the only people reading this are the ones involved in what I'd be writing about? Am I assuming no one's reading this anyway? Am I still freaked out by getting my identity blown last spring?
Or do I just not want to do this anymore?
Last week was the 9th anniversary of my blog, now with its third URL, and I didn't even realize that fact until 20 seconds ago.
This has always been a way for me to record my life. It's had secondary purposes of keeping friends around the world informed of what I'm doing, and meeting new people as well, but I don't know how important those are anymore. Perhaps I should focus on the first goal, and do this in a format that's useful to me.
Any thoughts?
- helped Stan move to Denver and saw a wonderful romantic relationship change forms
- visited Vancouver for the first time
- spent two days with my gay uncle
- been knocked on my ass (and into a Canadian emergency room) by a kidney stone
- gone to the US Open in New York with my friend Kevin
- seen Scooter and Paulo for the first time in forever
- interviewed for my next assignment
- visited friends in Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong over a 20-day period
- gone to Indonesia for the first time, when Ed and I visited Bintan
- finally met Ben, with whom I'd talked in Singapore but never met
- done a photo shoot with Linh for next year's calendar
- set a new personal record for the 10-mile distance in the Army 10-Miler (80m, 36s)
- tried to figure out how to spend my weekends now that my boyfriend's moved away
- attended the Asian-Pacific American film festival
- started playing Scrabble on my iPhone with Danny
Some of these are more important than others, but the common factor is: I haven't blogged about any of them.
I'm not sure why not. Does Facebook allow me to post enough snippets that I don't feel the need for a blog? Is my professional blog taking away from the time I'd spend on my personal one? Do I feel like the only people reading this are the ones involved in what I'd be writing about? Am I assuming no one's reading this anyway? Am I still freaked out by getting my identity blown last spring?
Or do I just not want to do this anymore?
Last week was the 9th anniversary of my blog, now with its third URL, and I didn't even realize that fact until 20 seconds ago.
This has always been a way for me to record my life. It's had secondary purposes of keeping friends around the world informed of what I'm doing, and meeting new people as well, but I don't know how important those are anymore. Perhaps I should focus on the first goal, and do this in a format that's useful to me.
Any thoughts?
Labels: Blogging, Life, Questions