Sunday, October 25, 2009
Time For a New Goal
Well, CRD called it right in his comment on this morning's message: 4:20:11!!!!
Which means I beat my goal by nearly 10 minutes; I beat my previous Personal Record (from February's Hong Kong Marathon) by over 14 minutes; and, I shaved 16 minutes off last year's Marine Corps Marathon time.
If I can keep making that kind of progress each year, I'll be ready for the 2016 Summer Olympics.
Everything went well. The weather was perfect. My body held together, with only some minor pain around Mile 15 and later at Mile 19, and a cramp that started just before Mile 25 (and I thought "oh HELL no!!!" -- I wasn't going to put up with that so close to the end, so I told me leg to stop cramping, and it did). I was pretty consistent in my timing: my first 5K were run in 29:55 and my final 5K were run in just under 32 minutes, so not much variation throughout the day. I had friends out at the National Mall, and friends at the Finish Line, and that was very cool.
So, a great day overall!!!! Thanks everyone for your support!!!!
Which means I beat my goal by nearly 10 minutes; I beat my previous Personal Record (from February's Hong Kong Marathon) by over 14 minutes; and, I shaved 16 minutes off last year's Marine Corps Marathon time.
If I can keep making that kind of progress each year, I'll be ready for the 2016 Summer Olympics.
Everything went well. The weather was perfect. My body held together, with only some minor pain around Mile 15 and later at Mile 19, and a cramp that started just before Mile 25 (and I thought "oh HELL no!!!" -- I wasn't going to put up with that so close to the end, so I told me leg to stop cramping, and it did). I was pretty consistent in my timing: my first 5K were run in 29:55 and my final 5K were run in just under 32 minutes, so not much variation throughout the day. I had friends out at the National Mall, and friends at the Finish Line, and that was very cool.
So, a great day overall!!!! Thanks everyone for your support!!!!
