Monday, January 11, 2010
Fun Things This Year
In addition to the big new things I'm hoping to do this year (one of which may have already been thwarted, dammit) there are also some things I want to do that aren't so much new, but which are still pretty fun. No surprise, they mostly involve friends and travel, and where possible, both.
One thing I want to do is see Stan in his new habitat. I was there for the apartment search, I was there for the move in, and now I want to be there after he's done a term and see how life is like there. In fact, I'm flying there this weekend. It'll be fun to see his new haunts (there are places that didn't exist when I lived there), I'm curious to meet his friends (who sound very nice), and if at all possible I'm hoping to go skiing with him. We'll see if that happens.
The long trip I have planned so far is to Hong Kong next month for the marathon, and then from there I'll go to Bangkok for the Thai massage class. Before returning to the US I'm hoping to spend a weekend somewhere new, such as Phuket, and am hoping to have a friend from Singapore come up for the weekend. Could be lots of fun!!!
Joshua is trying to plan a trip here just in time for my promotion. This would be his first time in the US and I'm really hoping this can work out!!
I'm giving some thought to moving to a new place here in the DC area, and regardless of what I end up doing I want to improve my happiness with my living situation.
I'll visit Chicago at least once, to see some friends there.
I really would like to get back to San Francisco, even if only for a long weekend.
Depending on how other travel plans shake out, I really would like to scuba dive this year, so a trip to the Bahamas is not out of the question.
There will be some New York in my future. Oh yes there will.
I want to learn how to photograph people.
My professional blog will get more exposure this year. Oh yeah.
I've recently reconnected with Dancin' Mike, who's been a friend for nearly 10 years but who had slipped under the radar for a bit. All is well now and I'm looking forward to spending more time with him. There are also a couple other longtime friends who have moved to DC this year that I need to rebuild the bonds with. And I'm meeting some new people, which is nice. As for those friends where the friendship wasn't too as strong as I liked, and which I have been trying for quite some time to build upon, well, I've realized maybe I don't need to put so much effort into those. 'Nuff said, for now anyway.
I'm going to have slumber parties.
I'll continue all my good habits (and there are lots of them!).
So that's this year.
One thing I want to do is see Stan in his new habitat. I was there for the apartment search, I was there for the move in, and now I want to be there after he's done a term and see how life is like there. In fact, I'm flying there this weekend. It'll be fun to see his new haunts (there are places that didn't exist when I lived there), I'm curious to meet his friends (who sound very nice), and if at all possible I'm hoping to go skiing with him. We'll see if that happens.
The long trip I have planned so far is to Hong Kong next month for the marathon, and then from there I'll go to Bangkok for the Thai massage class. Before returning to the US I'm hoping to spend a weekend somewhere new, such as Phuket, and am hoping to have a friend from Singapore come up for the weekend. Could be lots of fun!!!
Joshua is trying to plan a trip here just in time for my promotion. This would be his first time in the US and I'm really hoping this can work out!!
I'm giving some thought to moving to a new place here in the DC area, and regardless of what I end up doing I want to improve my happiness with my living situation.
I'll visit Chicago at least once, to see some friends there.
I really would like to get back to San Francisco, even if only for a long weekend.
Depending on how other travel plans shake out, I really would like to scuba dive this year, so a trip to the Bahamas is not out of the question.
There will be some New York in my future. Oh yes there will.
I want to learn how to photograph people.
My professional blog will get more exposure this year. Oh yeah.
I've recently reconnected with Dancin' Mike, who's been a friend for nearly 10 years but who had slipped under the radar for a bit. All is well now and I'm looking forward to spending more time with him. There are also a couple other longtime friends who have moved to DC this year that I need to rebuild the bonds with. And I'm meeting some new people, which is nice. As for those friends where the friendship wasn't too as strong as I liked, and which I have been trying for quite some time to build upon, well, I've realized maybe I don't need to put so much effort into those. 'Nuff said, for now anyway.
I'm going to have slumber parties.
I'll continue all my good habits (and there are lots of them!).
So that's this year.
Comments:
<< Home
Savante: so far, I have one slumber party planned for next week. Since it only involves one other person, the outcome of Spin the Bottle would not be in much doubt. ;-)
William: everything in my home is always clothing optional. Even blogging. Think about that for a second.
Derek: thanks for the support! I feel like 2010 is going to have some real excitement in it!!
Post a Comment
William: everything in my home is always clothing optional. Even blogging. Think about that for a second.
Derek: thanks for the support! I feel like 2010 is going to have some real excitement in it!!
<< Home
